The boy is out of town for the night. This means two things will happen. 1) I will convince myself that a killer is going to make me rub lotion on my skin only to chop me up in little lotion-y pieces. (Anyone remember this post?) 2) I will be grown and do what I want.
Being grown, and doing what I want, will consist of the following:
- Putting my pajamas on no later than 6:30 PM
- Eating a dinner that consists of all my favorite things: rice & beans, hummus, and tortilla chips.
- Watching junk TV on the couch
- Watching junk TV in bed. You know, because everyone enjoys a change in scenery.
- "Accidently" letting all of the dogs up on the bed. I need protection from those lotion dispensing serial killers after all.
- Going to sleep before 10:30 PM
In all seriousness, I'm not as lame as this list makes me look like. I just have some lame girl tendencies. And I certainly relish an opportunity to make the most of my lame girl tendencies, knowing that a certain someone won't be there to hate on me the entire time.
So yes, dear sweet love of my life, I said that I'd miss you. But what I really meant was, "thanks for the night of pure lame girl bliss." Y'all know that if the tables were turned, and if I was out of town, homeboy will be face down in a haze of beer, video games, and late-night pizza. Sometimes everyone needs a night to be grown...and lame.
here's to embracing your inner lame girl,