Saturday, June 23, 2012

shake it like a polaroid picture


I'M GETTING MARRIED.  IN LESS THAN FOUR MONTHS.   FOUR.  LIKE 1, 2, 3, 4.  That's just a hair over 100 days y'all.

And it's safe to say that the crazy has landed.  And.  I.  Am.  That.  Crazy.  Don't believe me?  Ask my mom about the email I sent her.  I called her all nonchalant, like hey there summer vacation having momma, can you do a few things for me?  And then that email dropped in her lap like a bomb.  And when I say bomb, I mean millions of odd requests in list fashion.

Let me give you a glimpse into the crazy that is odd requests in list fashion.

1.  Find a large cooler, preferably of soccer mom style with wheels.  Stuff with champange and beer.
2. Make food trays for day of.  With chicken minis.  (I'm not dieting for months just so I can eat a carrot stick before I walk down the aisle y'all)
3. Paper straws, I need them.  Find them.  Buy them.

With so many odd requests, I've decided that the best way to handle wedding prep is just to bulldoze tasks.  Even if that means harassing the boy, over breakfast-perhaps even before 9 AM, with easy to answer questions like "how much money would we have to spend on ice to fill up a beverage boat bar? "

With all the bulldozing comes a doozy of a task.  Selecting music for the wedding ceremony.  And even better, selecting that just right song to walk down the aisle to.  And no, I'm not even remotely considering the bridal march.  Because I'm not dressed in white (it's ivory), and I'm not all fat and wide (hopefully.)

Now, I can't just lay out all the magic on this here blog. I got to save some good stuff and surprises for the october shindig.  But I can give you a glimpse into the musical goodness that will be our ceremony.






Okay Outkast isn't fit for wedding ceremonies, but this song-and this cover-just have all the makings of a good time.


One of my favorite songs from Carbon Leaf.  After all, who wants to spend their rest of their life being ordinary?


I have such a sweet spot in my heart for this song.   And I'll fight anyone who thinks this isn't the better version.


Now make me a paper chain countdown.  And get ready to shake what your momma gave ya at my wedding.

xoxo,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment