Thursday, October 27, 2011

i wanna be a supermodel

Sike.

Over the weekend, the boy and I did our engagement pictures.  Over the course of the day, I learned a few things and I thought that perhaps I should share them with the 2 people that are reading this blog.
  1. In the month of October, chances are that it will be pretty chilly when you begin taking photos at 9:30 AM.  No matter how cute your dress (and boots) are...you will be cold.  Fashion rarely keeps you warm.
  2. Well behaved dogs will NEVER be well behaved when you are trying to coax them into poses.  They will want to jump all over the previously mentioned cute dress you are wearing.  
  3. Going to the fair on closing day is never a good idea.  No matter how precious a picture may turn out with a ferris wheel in the background....don't do it. 
  4. Wearing a cute dress to the fair will result you getting dirty.  Cute dresses must be magnets for dogs and dirt.
  5. When you get dirty, even if you think that the "dirt" might be poop, don't mention it to anyone. (Side note: you probably shouldn't pose on the ground at the fair.) Just keep repeating to yourself, "it's just dirt and dirt don't hurt." Supermodels must be brave. 
  6. Boots are not meant to be worn all day.  If you are going to be smiling in boots all day, you probably should have invested in some high quality blister band-aids before said smiling begins.
  7. October is a tricky month.  Just because it was cold at 9:30 AM, doesn't mean that it won't get up to close to the 80s by mid-afternoon. If you are prone to sweating, you should probably invest in some sort of assistant to follow you around with a squeeze n' breeze.  
  8. I don't really have anymore tips...but 8 is my favorite number.

All in all, I am very excited to see how our photos turned out.  But I'm definitely not cut out to be a supermodel. However, I would like my hair to shine like the sea, like the sea-eeee.  You can thank me later for getting that song stuck in your head. 

xoxo,

j

No comments:

Post a Comment