Friday, July 27, 2012

links as of late


jump start your weekend with some of the best of the best from this week's interwebz.

The challenge of making friends as an adult.  "...It takes courage for people to make the first step."  I could probably write a post all about this article.  I'm rad.  The boy is rad.  However, we are truly socially awkward and we never make an intentional effort to smile around people we don't know.  We are often perceived as mean & heartless in initial contacts with others.  Now, the boy probably is a little mean...but that's just the jersey in him.  I guess what it all comes down to is this....it's worth the time to invest in making (and keeping) great friends.

The insane junk food diets of Olympians. "At the peak of their training, athletes work out for four or five hours every day, which means they'll have to replenish some 4,000 to 6,000 calories if they want to "train again the next day...An athlete might sit down for dinner and inhale a pound of pasta cooked with olive oil (800 calories), a dozen eggs (840 calories), an entire cheese pizza (2,000 calories), a pint of Ben & Jerry's cheesecake-brownie ice cream (1,000 calories), and beer (about 150 calories per bottle)..."

I'm getting married, buy me things...like these sassy little doormats



Teamwork makes the dream work.  & I need to train my pups to do this. 


You know what makes making friends even easier?  Drinking Games.  Especially a good Olympics themed drinking game


And my mind was officially blown with this smart packing solution.  


xoxoxo,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment