Wednesday, September 19, 2012

good luck charlie


For those of you that don't spend your free time watching Disney shows, Good Luck Charlie is just that.  The show revolves around a family, the Duncans, as they try to adjust to the birth of their fourth child, Charlotte aka "Charlie." In each episode, Teddy Duncan (her older sister) creates a video diary containing advice for Charlie about their family and life as a teenager. Teddy tries to show Charlie what she might go through when she is older in the video diaries for future reference. Each video diary ends with Teddy (or someone else from the family, even Charlie) saying the eponymous phrase, "Good luck, Charlie."

I was never blessed with a little sister, just a little brother that's skinnier than I am.  Thanks a lot genetics.  However, I was blessed with two of the most adorable younger cousins, now at the sweet ages of 11 & 9.



I've been spending a lot of time travelling back and forth from the beach to Raleigh for various dress fittings & wedding duties, thus giving me a lot of time to hang out with my favorite little friends.  During one of my most recent visits, it was decided that I need to start my own "Good Luck Charlie" for them, which I'll appropriately name "Good Luck Anaire" for a mash up of both their names.

1. Scissors are for cutting, but not for cutting your hair.  Especially not when that cutting involves bangs.  Trust me.
2.  A good friend will tell you when your boyfriend is cheating on you.  Keep her around forever.
3. The only alcohol you should ever drink straight from the bottle is beer.
4.  Never let a man make you feel weak or inferior.
5.  If you show off your boobs, you'll attract the attention of boys.  Notice I said boys.   And you don't want attention, you want respect.
6.  While we are on the subject of boys, never date someone that doesn't open the door for you.
7.  Elope.  But that's a story for another blog day.

This should probably go on my 30 before 30 list, so that I can actually hold myself accountable for getting all of my earthly wisdom documented.  I'm probably not cool enough to video myself, so this little blog will have to suffice.

good luck anaire,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment