Saturday, January 7, 2012

let's get married



True Story: I'm probably walking down the aisle to this song. 

So I've been planning a wedding for a couple of months now.  Here's the real truth of what I've learned so far.

1. Weddings are expensive.  Everything about a wedding is expensive.  I've seen about a million  blogs where girls somehow get married and only spend two dollars.  I'm convinced that they sold their soul to the devil somewhere along the way.  When you meet the man of your dreams, you might as well just throw your ATM card in the air and wave your hands like you just don't care. 
2. Websites like pinterest will suck away your life.  You know what happens when you get engaged?  You turn into an internet monster.  You spend hours and hours and hours looking online. Looking for what?  I couldn't tell you.  But I can tell you that I've spent more afternoons than I care to admit, just browsing away on the interwebs.  And don't even get me started on pinterest and it's ability to make you feel like you need to be the next craftin'-up-a-storm-martha-stewart.  
3. Weddings bring out your inner bride-wars.  I'm sure you've seen the movie.  Two best friends turn frienemies as their big days approach.  Weddings truly make people into bridezillas, I've seen it with my own two eyes.  And all those girls that are sweet, kind, and laid back don't stand a chance when it comes down to mere weeks or days before they get hitched.  Hide yo wife, hide yo kids.  There is just some internal switch inside girls.  Once they get a ring on their finger, their wedding has to be better than anyone else's. 
4. On the flip side, everyone loves a bride.  Everyone loves someone in love.  Spoiler alert: everyone only loves you when you are pre-bridezilla.  Y'all better come around me while you still can and bask in my all-in-love-glow. 
5. Weddings will start a family feud.  Remember when I first started planning my wedding?  I had this sweet idea of a guest list of about 60 people, max.  Now I'm staring down an excel spread sheet that's 140 people deep.  You know why?  Because I've got a big ol family and no one wants to hurt somebody's feelings.  Let me go ahead and lay this on the table.  You want to know what will hurt my feelings?  If you RSVP "Yes" and never show up.  I'm paying for your plate, buddy.  I will hunt you down. 

I'm sure I'll be adding to this list as we get closer to our big day.  

Wedding websites I've been stalking lately...
2. alexandra nicole design.  Probably quite easily one of my new fav persons and the creative genius behind all of our wedding day paper goods.  

xoxox,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment