Wednesday, February 29, 2012

ladies and gentlemen



I was a priss when I was in high school.  I had purses and shoes that coordinated with all my outfits.  I regularly took at least two hours to get ready.  As I got older, I became more okay with who I was...and not who I could make myself into each morning.  I think a lot of that has to due with the sweet love that I found in one certain boy.  


Even though a lot of my prissy ways are behind me, certain tendencies just won't die.  I like things neat and tidy, I love a good monogram, pink will always (deep down, even though I'll tell you it's blue) be one of my favorite colors, and hair bows will always be an acceptable accessory.  


You would think, with all of these deeply rooted loves for all things girlie, that I'd be dreaming of the day when I can bring a little jen into the world.  Someone to wrap up in tiny pint sized monogrammed, ruffled, bow covered outfits and show off to the world.  Au contraire-don't go makin assumptions.  When I finally get married, grow up, and get knocked up...I want a boy.  I want a rough and tumble boy with an even more rough and tumble name.  A little wild one who starts wild rumpuses wherever he pleases. 


Slugs, snails, and puppy dog tails aside, I will raise that boy to be a gentleman.  Besides being a priss, I was that girl.  I bounced from "love" to "love," without really having experienced either a gentleman or actual-true-undying-and-unshakable-love.  If you remember back to another blog, I never even had a door held open for me until I met the boy.  After our first date, I very quickly realized that indeed all males are men, but very few men will ever be gentlemen. What kind of world do we live in where boys aren't even taught to hold doors open for a lady-especially if it's a lady that they are wanting to love? Simple courtesies may seem trivial and old-fashioned to some, but they are the very backbone to society. 


And when the time is right, I'll introduce that little gentleman to what is quite possibly my newest favorite tumblr, rules of a gentleman.  Please note the rule that I just dropped you into.  It's a rule that the boy and I have practiced since day 1 of our relationship, partly because I think I would turn into a jealous b-word if I ever had to hear about all his previous lady lovers.  I am his only one, will always be his only one, and have always been his only one.


xoxo,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment