Friday, March 9, 2012

a reminder




Image courtesy of Emily Ley, check out her etsy shop here

I don't think it was an accident that I found the above art or this post, both by Emily Ley, today. Too often in life I allow myself to get boggled down by everything that I feel like I have to do, in order to be a perfect bride, a perfect team member, a perfect lover, a perfect friend.  

Much like Emily, I am vowing to throw that all away.  I wasn't put on this earth to be perfect, I will never be perfect.  And when I throw perfection to the wind, the world will still go on.  The sun will rise each day and set each night, I won't be perfect-but I'll be okay with it. 

In the dictionary, grace is defined as a noun
1.
elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action: We watched her skate with effortless grace across the ice.attractiveness, charm, gracefulness,comeliness, ease, lissomeness, fluidity. stiffness,ugliness, awkwardness, clumsiness; klutziness.
2.
a pleasing or attractive quality or endowment: He lacked themanly graces.
3.
favor or goodwill. kindness, kindliness, love,benignity; condescension.
4.
a manifestation of favor, especially by a superior: It was onlythrough the dean's grace that I wasn't expelled from school.forgiveness, charity, mercifulness. animosity, enmity, disfavor.
5.
mercy; clemency; pardon: He was saved by an act of grace from the governor. lenity, leniency, reprieve.harshness.

Whatever you believe in, whoever you believe in living your life for, I'm sure that most of us can agree that there's a greater someone behind it all.  A superior power, one who grants us a favor each and every day.  An offer for a new chance at it all-and that chance, that day, that opportunity, doesn't have to be a perfect one.  

From now on, I'm asking all of you to hold me accountable, to make sure I'm only striving to meet the standard of grace.  

Here's to living in grace,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment