Monday, June 4, 2012

sporty spice


I've never been an athletic kind of girl.  This is probably due to the fact that I have zero hand eye coordination.  For pure delight, you should throw a ball at me.  Chances are great that I'll do some freak out move, attempt to catch it, and fail miserably.

However, I have to point out that I've been feeling downright athletic lately.  I learned how to ride a bike.  I'm joining a beach volleyball team.  I'm working out a lot.

Could it be, for the first time in 27 years, that me and sports might be friends?  Probably not. Just keeping it real here.

I also know that's just the way life works.  As soon as you start feeling all invincible, all like you are standing on the bow of the Titanic, all "I'm the kiiing of the worrllldddd," life throws you a iceberg.  AND I know myself and my lack of coordination all too well.  I'll probably have a major topple on my bike real soon.  And then I'll get to sport a nasty bruise and/or road rash for many weeks.  And volleyball will probably lead to the demise of the boy's and I's relationship.

But regardless the outcome, at least I'm having fun.  I'm pretty sure that I will be the worst volleyball player ever known to mankind.  But I'll be entertaining.  Even if I'm only sitting on the bench.  Do they even have a bench in volleyball?  I know there's a bar, so chances are likely that if I'm sitting at the bench/bar, I'll be even more entertaining.

Here's to hoping that volleyball is like cornhole.  You know, those "sports" that the more I drink, the better I play.  And if not, I promise to bring you laugh-until-you-cry play by plays of my sports induced demise.


xoxo,
j



No comments:

Post a Comment